Re: set-scroll-bar-mode 'right made global ??

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: set-scroll-bar-mode 'right made global ??
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:16:58 +0200

Am 10.05.2006 um 22:30 schrieb William Case:

Hi;

Where and how do I put the (set-scroll-bar-mode 'right) command so that
it applies to all users?  ~/.emacs only works for individual users.

Put into site-start.el. Put the file into a component of load-path, for example /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp.

Besides, it looks a bit 'hacky' in .emacs.  When emacs opens the
scrollbar flashes on the left and then obviously (for a split second) is
transferred to the right.  How can I set it up so that emacs is always
initially drawn with the scroll bar on the right?

Use an X resource! There often is the choice to put scroll-bars in X11 on the right or on the left of the window.

For GNU Emacs you could also set initial-frame-alist and/or default- frame-alist to contain amongst its/their member(s)

        (vertical-scroll-bars . right)

--
Greetings

  Pete