Re: Any good stuff for emacs study ?

From: Pawel
Subject: Re: Any good stuff for emacs study ?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 11:53:15 +0200

Bastien writes:
 > Bo Yang <struggleyb@gmail.com> writes:
 >
 > > I want to use emacs as my first editor because I heard that it is very
 > > flexible and can be used to edit many lauguage as well as be used as
 > > mail client and many many others .  But the manual at gnu is too long to
 > > read completely as a tutorial , and is there any good book or manual to
 > > begin with ?
 >
 > Don't miss this huge ressource : <http://www.emacswiki.org>
 >
 > --
 > Bastien

Then, if You play a while with it, try elisp, which is a language emacs was
written in.
There is great manual (very easy to understand) for that:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs-lisp-intro/html_node/index.html

I read it and I must say that it opens even larger door to that what is meant
by "flexible".