make ispell-word bahave like flyspell?

From: emacs user
Subject: make ispell-word bahave like flyspell?
Date: 13 May 2006 05:44:30 -0700

Hi all, so one of my favorite features in flyspell is the way it
remembers the words I corrected via the middle-mouse menu and
aotomatically fixing them next time I make the same mistake via abbrev
mode or such.  unfortunately, I have to use emacs via xterm and with no
x-windows, in which case I cannot seem to use this flyspell feature.

my questions...: (1) is there a way to use flyspell under xterm to
correct words (as opposed to only highlight mistakes, which it does do)

                         (2) alternatively, can I make ispell-word
remember such corrections and add them to the abbrev list, just like
flyspell does?

many thanks...  EU