Re: CommonLisp development with Emacs

From: Cor Gest
Subject: Re: CommonLisp development with Emacs
Date: 14 May 2006 17:41:27 +0000

Some entity AKA "Anton V. Belyaev" <anton.belyaev@gmail.com>
 wrote this mindboggling stuff:

(selectively-snipped-or-not-p)
> Hi!
>
> There is no support for CommonLisp (CLISP, EcoLisp...) out of the box.
> I've found ILisp package for Emacs which provides support for
> many CommonLisp implementations from Emacs.
> But ILisp seems to be abandoned: its change is dated 2003 and I got
> some compatibility
> problems with my current Emacs version (22).
>
> Does Emacs suit for CommonLisp development?
> What should I use for CL?

Ilisp is somewhat oldfashioned nowadays.

A very good interface to Common Lisp is SLIME.

Look at lispbox from  http://www.giagamonkeys.com/book
Practical Common Lisp by Peter Seibel for a run-down of
integrating slime/emacs and any Common Lisp implementation.

Cor

--
I do not use Windows (tm) therefore I do not fear mail from strangers
If everything else failed to satisfy you, try reading The Frign' Manual