fonts selection

From: Gary Wessle
Subject: fonts selection
Date: 15 May 2006 07:37:07 +1000

Hi

I installed on my debian/testing a package which installes some
True-type fonts "msttcorefonts", inside there is a tasty font "Andale
Mono" I want to taste in my emacs scratch buffer before making it my
every day's meal.

to see if it is available in my emacs I typed
(prin1-to-string (x-list-fonts "Andale Mono"))
C-x C-e which turned Nil

how to put in emacs so that I can interactively select it, i.e be in
the list of available fonts to choose from, rather than use .Xdefaults
to make it permanent?

thanks