Re: fonts selection

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: fonts selection
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 23:49:40 +0200

Am 14.05.2006 um 23:37 schrieb Gary Wessle:

how to put in emacs so that I can interactively select it, i.e be in
the list of available fonts to choose from, rather than use .Xdefaults
to make it permanent?

This is not the question: X11 needs to know it. Then GNU Emacs, the X client, will know it automatically, too. An 'xset fp rehash' might do it. Xlsfonts and xfontsel might be able to show the change. If they don't, could be a re-launch of X11 is necessary (font-config could be a problem because it relies on font caches built at X11's start).

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?"
                                                   - Tom Stoppard