eval with prefix argument

From: Gary Wessle
Subject: eval with prefix argument
Date: 15 May 2006 08:06:49 +1000

Hi

I was reading the C-h k C-x C-e, I wanted to print the output of
C-xC-e to the current buffer, it says

C-x C-e runs the command eval-last-sexp
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `emacs-lisp/lisp-mode'.
(eval-last-sexp EVAL-LAST-SEXP-ARG-INTERNAL)

Evaluate sexp before point; print value in minibuffer.
Interactively, with prefix argument, print output into current buffer.

I don't understand what prefix argument to give and where in the
sequence of the keys C-x C-e

thanks