Re: `last-message' variable ?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: `last-message' variable ?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:23:30 +0200

no-spam@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm) writes:

>> Works great, thanks!  And this is *really* more elegant.  I should
>> think the defadvice-way more often.
>
> I don't think it works for messages printed by the emacs core
> (C-level).

That's why it would be nice to have such a functionnality implemented
at a low level: a ring for (nth) last messages and another one for
(nth) last warnings.

I don't have any idea whether it seems useful to other people.

BTW, i come to need this while using a function that converts the
current URL into a tiny URL.  See:
<http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/tinyurl.el>

`get-metamark' displays a message in the minibuffer and it's more
handy to get this URL by evaluating `last-message'.

--
Bastien