enumerate and itemize in latex

From: Pedro Sa da Costa
Subject: enumerate and itemize in latex
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:17:58 +0100

I know that this isn't the proper mailing list, but i can't find the answers for my simple latex questions. Can anyone answer the following questions?

1- I want to enumerate the items starting from number 5 (not number 1). How this is possible?
For example, i want to enumerate the following:
5 - item 5
6 - item 6

2 - Is it possible to order alphabetically the items from itemize?
Ex.
From this:

- item c
- item b