Error calling allout-show-current-branches?

From: Gregory Novak
Subject: Error calling allout-show-current-branches?
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 19:30:52 -0700

I get an error when I try to use allout-show-current-branches, even
for (what I think is) the common case.

If I have a buffer containing this:

* One
;;;_. Two
;;;_. Five

(Creating using allout-open-sibtopic and allout-open-subtopic in the
*scratch* buffer)

and put the point on the '* One' line then say
'M-x allout-hide-current-subtree', then say
'M-x allout-show-current-branches' I always get an error with the
following backtrace:
  allout-chart-subtree(t)
  allout-show-children(t)
  allout-show-current-branches()

The error is stemming from a call to (<= levels 1) in
allout-chart-subtree, but levels is set to t (as you can see from the
backtrace).  I originally experienced this in CVS emacs and was going
to report a bug, but I get the same behavior even in Emacs 21.4
(started with --no-site-file --no-init-file).  So now I think I'm just
using it incorrectly.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Greg