simple question about question mark on linux emacs

From: jonathan
Subject: simple question about question mark on linux emacs
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 19:29:04 -0700

I ssh into a fedora 3 box with my OS X box. When I start emacs and type a "?", it puts it into the bottom and waits for a command. I just want to it to put a question mark. Is this a problem with what my powerbook is sending or with the remote machine? It would seem to be former because emacs works fine on my powerbook. How do I fix this?

thanks,

jonathan