Re: what is loading and when

From: reader
Subject: Re: what is loading and when
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:58:02 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: reader@newsguy.com
>> Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 06:27:01 -0500
>>
>> I have a mystery in newly installed emacs-cvs running on gentoo linux
>> under kde-3.5.
>
> Problems with CVS Emacs should be posted to emacs-devel@gnu.org.

Hello Eli,

I suspect it is more problem elsewhere in X or even in gentoo
modifications so posted here.

>> How can I findout where these warning are coming from?
>
> Grepping the lisp tree for "no fonts matching" finds a single hit --
> in fontset.el.  Run fontset.el under Edebug or modify it to print some
> useful info, and you should be able to find out who calls the function
> that issues the warnings.

I've renamed fontset.elc then edited fontset.el by commenting out the
warning at line:406
;; (message "Warning: no fonts matching `%s' available" pattern)

Starting a fresh emacs I still see the same warnings. And no mention
of loading fontset.el from source now that *.elc is out of play.