RE: M-x is undefined

From: l l
Subject: RE: M-x is undefined
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 01:44:06 -0700

There is no problem in config.log,i guess this isn't configuration
level problem.

AISB, my GUI is just too latest,also guess emacs GUI developer doesn't
consider gtk or glib newer features api level, my crappy guessing..

tia

2006/6/11, Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null>:
"l l" <happyarch@gmail.com> writes:

> OOPS! Sorry!! this is NOT a emacs bug!!
>
> my emacs-cvs version works fine with --without-x!!!
> I guess my gnome version(garnome-2.14.2.1) or Xorg(7.0 which is too buggy)
is
> too latest!!
>
> Thanks it works again! Yay!

It may not be a bug, but a config issue. Have a look in the emacs
PROBLEMS file as it discusses how to configure X so that alt is
recognised as meta.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au