Re: the SPACE filename completion is not working

From: Luis A Escobar
Subject: Re: the SPACE filename completion is not working
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:02:10 -0500

Lennart: thank you for your help.

   I need both because I am use to it. But, if is not available I will live
   with the TAB

Thanks again

Best regards, Luis A

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se> on 06/13/2006 05:52:40
PM

To:    Luis A Escobar <luis@lsu.edu>
cc:    help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Luis A Escobar wrote:

> I am using GNU Emacs 22.0.501 in a Windows XP environment.
>
>   I just installed Emacs (but I have used it before).
>
>  To open a file I key in
>
>   C-x C-f
>
> and in the mini-buffer I see  c:/lae/
>
> Then when I  key in SPACE after the last /, I get a "blank" space rather
> than a filename completion.
>  If I, however,  key in TAB after the last /,  I get a filename
completion.

>  How do I enable the SPACE key to work for file completion (I need both
TAB
> and SPACE file
>  name completion).

I think the SPACE completion has been removed because there could be a
space in a file name.

Why do you need both TAB and SPACE completion for file names?