anybody home???

From: Gary R Buell
Subject: anybody home???
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:55:46 -0400

concerning my original request for help with postscript printing Emacs
buffers, i have figured out that the problem apparently sits with 21.3.

20.7 works with the settings specified in your online manual (browse with
info to 'emacs>postscript variables').

the 21.3 documentation does not indicate any changes in the
postscript-printing setup.

there obviously are some changes.

if you can help me with postscript printing in 21.3, i would appreciate it
-- i like 21.3 better than 20.7 but i need to be able to print.

thanks,

gary

gary r buell
usgs
3039 amwiler rd, suite 130
peachtree business center
atlanta, georgia 30360-2824
tel - 7709039100; fax - 7709039199
----- Forwarded by Gary R Buell/WRD/USGS/DOI on 06/13/2006 11:46 AM -----

             Gary R
             Buell/WRD/USGS/DO
             I                                                          To
                                       help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
             06/05/2006 03:50                                           cc
             PM                        Gary R Buell/WRD/USGS/DOI@USGS
                                                                   Subject

hello,

i am running the pre-compiled version of Emacs 21.3 on a Windows XP, SP2
platform.

i was previously running 20.7 and had specified printer settings in a
.emacs file. the settings were for a "local" network printer.

i am now trying to do the same thing in 21.3 but specifying a printer
share.  i cannot get this setup to work.

is there a different syntax for specifying a shared printer? i've tried
both the printer's IP and the server's IP and can't get either to work.

i do know that my .emacs file is being read. attached is the version that
worked with 20.7 and a direct network printer.

thanks for your help,

gary

(See attached file: .emacs)