Re: configuring emacs as a programmer's editor

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: configuring emacs as a programmer's editor
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 23:09:10 +0100

"Ted" <r.ted.byers@rogers.com> writes:

> I suppose I have two questions.  1) How do I modify the .emacs file
> I've managed to cobble together to fully support my needs?

The best way is probably to throw it out and start again.

Fire up customize, and go through the various options that interest
you. This will teach you more about Emacs than blindly copying
snippets of other people's .emacs files, and the result will work,
without requiring a whole newsgroup to help with debugging it.