Re: Still problems with desktop.el -> coding

From: Sebastian Meisel
Subject: Re: Still problems with desktop.el -> coding
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:44:53 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 5. Juli 2006 12:56 schrieben Sie:

> Ah, that's a different case! So it's not the contents of the file
> desktop writes to save the names of buffers, it's the contents of the
> open buffers! This *cannot* be caused by desktop.el.

However it only occurs with desktop.el.

> You might like to add to .emacs:
>
>       (prefer-coding-system          'iso-latin-1-unix)

No change.

> Another cure is a header line like this:
>
>       %%% -*- mode: LaTeX-mode; coding: iso-8859-15-unix; fill-column: 90 -*-

No change.

>       %
>       % Local Variables:
>       % mode: LaTeX
>       % fill-column: 160
>       % coding-system: iso-latin-9
>       % End:
>       %
>       %%

It all doesn't help. Still thank for your answer. Maybe it's a bug in emacs. I
can't see myself how desktop.el can actually case that. I'll have a last try
on the list before reporting.

--
Sebastian Meisel