Re: emacs hebrew support for win32

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: emacs hebrew support for win32
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:50:22 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: "ben" <benmose@gmail.com>
>> Date: 7 Jul 2006 03:05:04 -0700
>>
>> Can anybody give me, PLEASE, a step by step instructions on how to work
>> with hebrew text in my emacs.
>
> Hebrew input is supported, but not the bidirectional editing (without
> which it doesn't make much sense to type Hebrew text in Emacs).

There are two hebrew modes hanging on the web,
and you can always use picture-mode:

M-x picture-mode RET C-u 70 C-f C-c <
and:
                                                         .תרבע דמול ינא

Of course, it's rather crude, and with the characters in the reversed
order in the file...

"You cannot really appreciate Dilbert unless you read it in the
original Klingon"