Re: Escaped double quote breaks syntax highlighting

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Escaped double quote breaks syntax highlighting
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:55:42 -0000

On 2006-07-11, Johan Bockgård <bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se> wrote:
> Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com> writes:
>
>> Unhappily though, when I place the follow sequence: ^" inside of a
>> string, the syntax highlighting following that sequence fails to
>> render properly.
>>
>> What else do I need to do?

 Hi:
> Investigate `font-lock-syntax-table'.

 It is nil in that mode
>> What documentation is available for this topic?
>
> (info "(elisp)Syntactic Font Lock")

  Information that I found references font-lock-syntactic-keywords
  As I posted originally, the variable was nil in the mode.

  I added the following to the derived-mode form:

  (set (make-local-variable 'font-lock-syntactic-keywords)

  However, I still have the same problem.
  thanks
  tim

--