Re: dissociated-press help: M-x not recognized

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Re: dissociated-press help: M-x not recognized
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 01:48:55 GMT

"Tsu Dho Nimh" <abacaxi@hotmail.com> writes:

> From the tools menu, I select the menu item called Shell Command,
> and in the small box at the bottom of the GUI I type this:  M-x
> disassociated-press
>
> and the error comes back as this:'M-x' is not recognized as an internal
> or external command, operable program or batch file.

You should read the manual.  "M-x" is short for meta-x.  The way you
key it is either to key x with the ALT shift, or to key ESC x.  Then
you get a prompt, at which you can type "dissociated-press" (N.B. not
"disassociated") or any of a number of other things.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  Failure teaches a valuable lesson: that we are liable to  :||
||:  fail again.                                               :||