Re: create and open tags in windows and other markings...

From: newbKt
Subject: Re: create and open tags in windows and other markings...
Date: 17 Jul 2006 14:15:01 -0700

> You didn't write why you want to open these files at once and if that
> is a recurring task

I have a parsed file for my thesis and yes I do want to open all of
these files at once and it is a recurring task for the next few weeks.
Luckily, I found a better way to do this without having to tag or go
into desktop mode, although both pieces of information have increased
my emacs awareness.

So the solution is to actually just open the main file that has the
include commands for the parsed files. Go into RefTeX mode. Use C-c =
to bring up the toc. Have the cursor follow by typing f while you're in
the toc window. Move to whichever file you want and type spc if you
haven't opened the file already, otherwise the file is automatically
opened. Avoids a lot of hassel. :)