Re: Rmail does not put a Content-type header

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Rmail does not put a Content-type header
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:47:06 +0200

   From: Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com>
           FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS,RCVD_BY_IP,RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO autolearn=no
           version=3.0.4

   maillaxa@gmail.com wrote:
   > Dunno why but it seems I no longer send valid mail using Rmail.

   Did you used to be able to?  What has changed since then?

In fact I really do not know. I jsut received several mails indicating
problems with my posts.

   > They just contain no header except From, Subject, To, Date, Message-Id.

   That is perfectly valid, of course.  A Content-Type header is pointless in
   the absence of a MIME-Version header.

Yes, I have just read the RFC again and this is perfectly valid.

   > What should I check ??

   C-h v mail-default-headers
   C-h v mail-setup-hook
   C-h v mail-send-hook

All are good, according to my knowledge (I just have added two
headers: User-Agent and Jabber-ID)

Thank you.

Xavier