Re: create and open tags in windows and other markings...

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: create and open tags in windows and other markings...
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:01:15 +0200

"newbKt" <katydotlee@gmail.com> writes:

>> To actually open the marked files, the only command I found seems to
>> be `F', `dired-do-find-marked-files'. Try that.
>
> That did not work for me. Is there a way to try to type
> `dired-do-find-marked-files' in the minibuffer? How do you type in that
> area? When I click on it, it opens the Messages buffer...

It is part of `dired-x', maybe you could try loading that:

 M-x load-library RET dired-x RET

Not sure in which version of Emacs that was included though.

If it works, you might want to put this in your .emacs:

(defun my-dired-init ()
  (require 'dired-x))

(add-hook 'dired-load-hook 'my-dired-init))

It will make sure `dired-x' is loaded when Dired starts.