Re: unable to create a .cpp file

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: unable to create a .cpp file
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:43:47 -0600

Gary Wessle wrote:
ctl-xf which does find/create a file then I type test.cpp then I get this in
the echo area
File is opened with an external viewer. See buffer *extview log* for status
messages.

in *extview log* I have
Opening file ~/test.cpp with handler: more '%s'
/home/fred/test.cpp: No such file or directory

Process extview-process finished

C-h v extview-application-associations

If that doesn't yield anything interesting, check the files listed
in the mailcap-parse-mimetypes function for a ".cpp" entry:

$MAILCAPS (environment variable)

~/.mailcap      }
~/mail.cap      } on DOS/Windows
~/etc/mail.cap  }

~/.mailcap              }
/etc/mailcap            } normal systems
/usr/etc/mailcap        }
/usr/local/etc/mailcap  }

--
Kevin