Re: Search for text

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Search for text
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:50:27 -0600

john maclean wrote:
- Can one search for text at the location of the point? If a point is
within word "foo" I'd like to C-s <something> so that I dont have to
enter that word when promted for a search term

`C-s C-w' if point is before "f", `M-b C-s C-w' if point is after "f".

- I'd like to be able to search for say ^[a-g] with regular
expressions. Can any one point me to the location of the info doc?

The "Regexp Search" and "Regexps" nodes are under the "Search" node.

- Finally I'd like to have all matching terms stay highlighted a bit
longer. C-s does highlight terms, but as soon as I C-v to look down
the page it's gone.

,----[ C-h v lazy-highlight-cleanup RET ]

`----

--