Re: gnuserv/gnuclient as CVS/SVN editor on Windows

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: gnuserv/gnuclient as CVS/SVN editor on Windows
Date: 27 Jul 2006 20:07:17 -0700

John J. Lee wrote:
> Not sure I understand what the "it" in that sentence refers to, but
> gnuclient appears to exit immediately -- at least, it returns me
> immediately to the cmd.exe shell (though I've not checked it really
> did exit, and am hazy about Windows processes).

The editor process (gnuclient) needs to exit only when it's done
editing the commit message.  You're claiming gnuclient doesn't do that.
 My gnuclient (from <guy@wyrdrune.com>) does.  I also have a
`gnuclientw' that always exits as soon as it sends the file to Emacs,
"gnuclient -q" does the same thing.

--
Le