viper question

From: smudgef1
Subject: viper question
Date: 28 Jul 2006 13:16:58 -0700

Hello,

I'm trying to simulate vim's visual mode in viper. I have been somewhat
succesful using the pc-selection-mode. So far I just have

(define-key viper-vi-global-user-map (kbd "v") 'forward-char-mark)

With this setting, I can then use the viper navigation keys to select
more text (very similiar to vim). The only thing I need now is a
binding that will bind 'y' to yank the selected text. I need 'y' binded
to copy-region-as-kill-nomark (same thing alt-w is binded to), but only
when text is selected. Does anyone know how to do this?

This should work since the viper key 'p' already pastes what was copied
with alt-w.

Thanks!