Re: unable to create/find a .cpp file (ed.2)

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: unable to create/find a .cpp file (ed.2)
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 20:19:16 -0600

Gary Wessle wrote:
Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:
Gary Wessle wrote:
C-h f mailcap-parse-mimetypes output did not give any file names
either.
Sorry, I meant the files listed in its source code (including
$MIMETYPES, e.g.):

     (cond
      (path nil)
      ((getenv "MIMETYPES") (setq path (getenv "MIMETYPES")))
      ((memq system-type mailcap-poor-system-types)
       (setq path '("~/mime.typ" "~/etc/mime.typ")))
      (t (setq path
              ;; mime.types seems to be the normal name, definitely so
              ;; on current GNUish systems.  The search order follows
              ;; that for mailcap.
              '("~/.mime.types"
                "/etc/mime.types"
                "/usr/etc/mime.types"
                "/usr/local/etc/mime.types"
                "/usr/local/www/conf/mime.types"
                "~/.mime-types"
                "/etc/mime-types"
                "/usr/etc/mime-types"
                "/usr/local/etc/mime-types"
                "/usr/local/www/conf/mime-types"))))

what command do I use to get the list of the above files on my system?

Sorry, there is no command.  I browsed extview.el, whose find-file
advice led me to mailcap.el, whose mailcap-parse-mimetypes function
contains that code.

looking for any "cpp" in the above files, I found

in ****************     "/etc/mime.types"
text/x-c++src                                   c++ cpp cxx cc

I guess somewhere else "text/x-c++src" is mapped to "more '%s'".  Can
you see anything suspicious in the output from `C-h v mailcap-mime-data' ? My guess is there's a default entry for the "text" major type.

I don't have most of the files you listed above.
I also don't have any $MIMETYPES in my $env output.

$ locate mime*.src
noting

That's normal.

--