Re: emacs 22 on win XP, selection-coding-system, and copy & paste outsid

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs 22 on win XP, selection-coding-system, and copy & paste outside emacs
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:47:55 +0200

Am 04.08.2006 um 13:07 schrieb David Kastrup:

If you want utf-8, use "de.UTF-8".  You can't blame Emacs for not
guessing that you specify the wrong locale to it.

I do not blame GNU Emacs, because I avoid setting

        (set-language-environment       'German)

Those who have this statement get an environment from the past.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Behold the warranty ... the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.