Re: java syntax highlighting with generics

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: java syntax highlighting with generics
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 09:45:26 -0700

> Am 04.08.2006 um 20:14 schrieb gg.t.gadget_saavik@xoxy.net:
>
>> First of all, is there a version of java-mode or JDE (I'm a little
>> confused as to the relationship if any between the two) that can
>> handle generics and type parameters?
>
> I don't know! But isn't JDE just a generic acronym for *any* Java
> Development Environment?

No. JDE (JDEE in full) is a specific package: http://jdee.sunsite.dk/.
It could use java-mode and add the code completion, debugging, and
other features, but I can't remember if it does or comes with its own
mode.

The java-mode in the upcoming Emacs 22 does not yet support generics.
I don't know about JDEE.

>> By the way, how can I display the version number in such a way that I
>> can select it to copy and paste?
>>

> Either C-h v emacs-version RET and then copy from the *Help* buffer,
> or M-x emacs-version RET and then change to *Messages* buffer.

Or even M-: (insert (emacs-version)) RET.