Re: M-0 within keyboard macros

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: M-0 within keyboard macros
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:52:03 +0200

"medievalrants" <medievalrants@yahoo.ca> writes:

> For instance - I use a macro to locate a chunk of text, and narrow
> the screen - within the narrowed window, I want to execute a couple
> of "included" macros M-0 times, returning to the top of the narrowed
> window then widen the window and close the macro. (For re-execution
> throughout the file).

Could you try to explain that example in even more detail? Sometimes
keyboard macros (I think this is what you refer to as "macros") are a
bit limited. In those cases I usually write a small elisp function to
help me out. If you haven't tried writing any elisp functions you
should really start now :), it is not as hard as it might seem.