Re: Using w32's find file dialog from the keyboard

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Using w32's find file dialog from the keyboard
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:49:53 -0500

"Mathias Dahl" <mathias.dahl@gmail.com> wrote in message
m2u04jjsq3.fsf@gmail.com">news:m2u04jjsq3.fsf@gmail.com...
> Is there a way to open the file selector on w32 using the keyboard? As
> it is now, the only way to open it is by using the File menu. I am
> currently running on GNU/Linux so I cannot check what the function
> name called is.

I used to want this but now I am convinced that C-x d and then emacs
screen navigation is faster. Once the directory buffer opens you can use <
and > for browsing to subdirs or C-v, M-v, and of course the
semi-miraculous C-r and C-s. After you're on the right line a bare e will
open (visit) the file. I am curious to know what other useful
functionality might be obtained from using the w32 file selection window.

Ed.