Re: XHTML indent

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: XHTML indent
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 03:12:04 +0300

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:14:11 -0600, Brad Camroux <bgcamroux@shaw.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 06:39:39PM +0200, David Hansen wrote:
>> As far as i can see the indentation step is set via
>> `sgml-basic-offset'.  But it defaults to "2" and i
>> don't think anyone would think that this is "to wide".
>
> Okay... I dunno what my offset is set to, but it looks more
> like 10 or 15.  Certainly not 2.  I would be happy with 2 or 4.
> Do I just set this in my .emacs file?  Will it not be
> overridden when I start up SGML/HTML mode?

The default behavior sould be fine, if all you want is 2-column
indentation in XHTML buffers.

Can you open a buffer in sgml-mode and then check the value of
the following variables?

    indent-tabs-mode
    tab-always-indent

Then use `C-h k TAB' and see what TAB is bound to do.

Keep the results from these steps somewhere, and then repeat the
same steps with an Emacs session started with:

    emacs -Q

Keep these results somewhere too and post both sets back to the
newsgroup.

Regards,
Giorgos