Re: Are there an elisp package manager like apt-get or cpan?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Are there an elisp package manager like apt-get or cpan?
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:35:40 +0200

Am 12.08.2006 um 16:53 schrieb chylli:

Are there an emacs lisp package manager like apt-get in debian or
cpan in perl ? When I want to install a package, I just run a command,
then emacs will find proper package in proper web site and install
it.

Here is a Perl based installer that is able to /incrementally/ update: http://ii2.sourceforge.net/. It also checks GPG signatures. It's open to do a lot more before actually installing. Right now it is used to install TeX and few other mostly TeX related software packages on Mac OS X. It is capable of creating an excessive log!

--
Greetings

  Pete

Wasting time is an important part of living.