Re: Emacs keyboard command

From: HASM
Subject: Re: Emacs keyboard command
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 06:33:16 -0700

"mailpitches@email.com" <mailpitches@email.com> writes:

> When you hit C-X C-F to Find file, you are presented with a default
> path such as ~/dir/blah. Is there a key command to travel backwards by
> directory, so that I can press this key command and immediately get
> ~dir/ without having to hit delete four times?

Try M-BS.  A word, in Find File context is usually a dir, but now always.

-- HASM

M-BS runs `backward-kill-word'

`backward-kill-word' is an interactive compiled Lisp function
  -- loaded from "/builddir/build/BUILD/xemacs-21.4.19/lisp/simple.elc"
(backward-kill-word &optional COUNT)

Documentation:
Kill characters backward until encountering the end of a word.
With argument, do this that many times.