Re: frame-title-format problem

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: frame-title-format problem
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:10:29 +0200

Am 14.08.2006 um 01:48 schrieb Ningyu Shi:

I'm put this line in my .emacs
(setq frame-title-format "Emacs@%f")
but each time emacs starts up, after it autoloads the files opened, the
frame title becomes
mule[1](buffer_name)

What do you see when you launch GNU Emacs with the option -Q? Then no start-up file is loaded and executed and you see the native behaviour. Interactively you can set your customisation and see whether it persists when you load files and change buffers. If not, then probably nothing's wrong with your site-start.el or .emacs – and all seems to be intended.

Another way is to use setq-default instead of setq. You can also try to set frame-title-format in initial-frame-alist and/or in default- frame-alist. I simply use an X resource to set a steady frame title:

        Emacs*Title:          "Pete's Latschen"

I use X resources also to distinguish between remotely running Emacsen that show up locally (besides colours).

--
Greetings

  Pete

A morning without coffee is like something without something else.