Re: Angle brackets matching

From: Faheem Mitha
Subject: Re: Angle brackets matching
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:16:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:49:03 +0200, Harald Hanche-Olsen
<hanche@math.ntnu.no> wrote:

> + Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu>:
>
>| Emacs has nice functionality for paren matching. Ie. if I put the
>| cursor outside a paren, it highlights both that paren and the matching
>| paren. However, it does not do the same for angle brackets. This would
>| be very useful, particularly when writing C++ templates. :-)
>
> These might be useful, at least if you use paren-mode:
>
>     (modify-syntax-entry ?< "(>")
>     (modify-syntax-entry ?> ")<")

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

This does not seem to do anything, as far as I can see.

I have the following lines in my .emacs which involve use of the word paren.

 '(show-paren-mode t nil (paren))
(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 '(show-paren-match-face ((((class color))
(:foreground "turquoise" :weight bold))))
 '(show-paren-mismatch-face ((((class color))
(:foreground "red" :weight bold)))))

Do I need to add something else?

                                                                         Faheem.