Re: pasting into emacs over ssh -X

From: henning
Subject: Re: pasting into emacs over ssh -X
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:57:28 -0700 (PDT)

I also use FC4/gnome and can copy/paste (kill/yank) between emacs processes
running remotely and those running locally. I also have the following line
in my .emacs

(when window-system)
 (set-selection-coding-system 'compound-text-with-extensions))

Looking in the documentation for set-selection-coding-system it seems
slightly relevant.... Just a hip shot.
cheers,
Henning