Re: flyspell

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: Re: flyspell
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:12:18 +0200

Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> If I add the flyspell minor mode to  my gnus message mode, is there a
> way to "add word" to flyspell's dictionaries? "C-h a flyspell" shows nothing
> similar:
>
> ,----
> | flyspell-auto-correct-previous-hook M-x ... RET
> |   Command: Hook to track successive calls to
> `flyspell-auto-correct-previous-word'.
> | flyspell-auto-correct-previous-word C-;
> |   Command: Auto correct the first mispelled word that occurs before point.
> | flyspell-auto-correct-word    M-TAB, C-.
> |   Command: Correct the current word.
> | flyspell-buffer                   M-x ... RET
> |   Command: Flyspell whole buffer.
> | flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word M-x ... RET
> |   Command: Correct the closer misspelled word.
> | flyspell-correct-word             M-x ... RET
> |   Command: Pop up a menu of possible corrections for a misspelled word.
> | flyspell-delay-command            M-x ... RET
> |   Command: Set COMMAND to be delayed, for Flyspell.
> | flyspell-deplacement-command  M-x ... RET
> |   Command: Set COMMAND that implement cursor movements, for Flyspell.
> | flyspell-goto-next-error      C-,
> |   Command: Go to the next previously detected error.
> | flyspell-mode                     <menu-bar> <tools> <spell> <flyspell-mode>
> |   Command: Minor mode performing on-the-fly spelling checking.
> | flyspell-post-command-hook    M-x ... RET
> |   Command: The `post-command-hook' used by flyspell to check a word
> in-the-fly.
> | flyspell-pre-command-hook     M-x ... RET
> |   Command: Save the current buffer and point for Flyspell's post-command
> hook.
> | flyspell-prog-mode        M-x ... RET
> |   Command: Turn on `flyspell-mode' for comments and strings.
> | flyspell-region                   M-x ... RET
> |   Command: Flyspell text between BEG and END.
> | flyspell-word                     M-x ... RET
> |   Command: Spell check a word.
> `----

Woke up today and it was staring me in the face. I didn't see the "?"
after the M-$ to bring up corrections. So, "i", unsurprisingly. And turn
off lazy highlighting to get emacs to immediately remark the inserted
words. personal dictionary default is : ".aspell.en.prepl" (customisable
of course in the ispell configuration).

I'm beginning to love emacs.