Re: rmail and quoted-printable

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: rmail and quoted-printable
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 00:08:28 +0300

> CC: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Jabber-ID: zedek@im.lolica.org
> From: Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu.org>
> Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 19:36:41 +0200
>
>    ``Just work'' in what sense?  Can you describe the simplest set of
>    features, from the user point of view, that would satisfy you?
>
> The best I can think at, is as simple as automatically decoding just
> by displaying an rmail message.

You seem to assume that the quoted-printable part is text.  But it
sometimes isn't; and then in some cases that part is base64-encoded,
not quoted-printable encoded.

> So I would be very thank full if there were good solutions. For
> example how do you do ?

I described that in my message: I manually decode the relevant region,
if I'm sure it's text I want to read.  It shouldn't be hard to write a
command for that, but I just never bothered enough.

Btw, I also use RMAIL and won't switch to Gnus.