VM/Xemacs to check gmail account

From: RichardT
Subject: VM/Xemacs to check gmail account
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 14:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hello:

I am trying to set VM on xemacs to check my gmail account through POP over
SSL.
Everything is fine and I can check my mail. However, I want to be able to
check my mail from both home and work. When I check my mail from one place,
the messages somehow get expunged and I cannot get the messages from the
other place.

According to the VM documentation
http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/Talks/emacsvm/vm.html#SEC4, I should be able
to get around that problem by setting the variable
"vm-pop-expunge-after-retrieving" to nil but that does not seem to solve my
problem.

Is anyone on this forum using VM to check their Gmail account ? If so how do
you get around the problem of checking your gmail from several locations ?

Regards
Richard