Re: navigate through big java projects and refactoring

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: navigate through big java projects and refactoring
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:11:16 +0100

>>>>> "o" == op132650c  <op132650c@mail.telepac.pt> writes:

  o> Hi,

  o> I want to work with emacs for programming Java. Is there any
  o> other way then using the speedbar and ECB program, to open files
  o> easily from a big project, instead of having to write the full
  o> path to the source file, or navigate through project browser of
  o> ECB? Something like, only have to write the full, or partial name
  o> of the java file, and open it.

I use ido.el. Is wonderful for navigating large directory structures
quickly. Particularly, java ones where there are large numbers of
empty directories.

Think it does what you ask for as well, but I don't use that feature.

Phil