Re: Syntax Coloring for Grammer

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Syntax Coloring for Grammer
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 23:11:42 -0500

"Artist google" <aartist@gmail.com> wrote in message
1157483763.203191.268570@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com">news:1157483763.203191.268570@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I like to see the text colored according to grammer. So all the
> adjectives will be blue, and all verb will be yellow etc.. Is there
> package for the same? How I can achieve it otherwise?
>
> Thanks,

Manually. I have done something similar in Latin passages but I suspect
that a totally programmatic solution would be VERY difficult if not
impossible. Parts of speech in highly inflected natural languages could
probably be colorized somewhat more easily than in English but even there
much proofreading would have to be done in the final stages. Esperanto and
other artificial languages would be the easiest. Anyway, it's an
interesting question. Probably the most successful such programs will
depend more on lookup tables than on sophisticated algorithms.

Ed