Re: format-mode-line function

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: format-mode-line function
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:10:35 +1000

martin <nospam@nospam.net> writes:

>  >>>>> Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null> writes:
>
> 8<--------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>  > On checking the emacs NEWS file, it indicates this function has
>  > been in emacs since emacs 21.1. I have emacs 21.4, but the function
>  > does not seem to exist. I'm running Debian with the Debian build of
>  > emacs 21 from 2005.
>  >
>  > I am wondering if this is a function that has somehow been lost
>  > with mods applied by Debian as I cannot find anything wrong with my
>  > environment.
>  >
>  > Could a few people running version 21 of emacs please check if they
>  > have the function and post their results together with the output
>  > from emacs-version?
>
> 8<--------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.0.2195) of 2003-03-28 on buffy:
>
> Couldn't find format-mode-line there
>
> Martin
> --
> parozusa at web dot de

Thanks.

Its looking more and more like format-mode-line is not in emacs 21 and
that the reference to it in the version 22 NEWS file is a typo (it
seems emacs 21.1 was released some months prior to the entry in the
CVS changeLog according to an e-mail I recieved from someone else).

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au