Re: Undo'ing cursor movement keys

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Undo'ing cursor movement keys
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 09:48:25 +0200

> I don't have an answer for your request. But you might find it
> helpful to use a prefix arg (`C-u') with `C-SPC'. That will jump to
> the mark position and pop the mark ring. In effect, repeating it
> lets you go back to previous mark positions. See `C-h f
> set-mark-command'.

I vote for this too, even if it at first does not sound as if it will
solve your problem.  The reason what Drew suggests work quite well is
that many command in Emacs set the mark before and after certain
operations, which means that you probably have more marks on the
mark-ring that you would suspect.  For example, when doing an isearch,
the mark is set where the searched started.  This means that you can
easily jump back to that position.  Commands like end- and
beginning-of-buffer does the same.

I suggest you try this out, it might be enough for your needs.