Re: Undo'ing cursor movement keys

From: Dave Benjamin
Subject: Re: Undo'ing cursor movement keys
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:41:03 -0500

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Eric Eide wrote:

 + Often, you can get back to where you want to be by "popping the mark
   ring." The key binding for this is C-u C-SPC.  Read the online GNU
   Emacs manual for more information about "marks" and the mark ring.

In a similar vein, I use a library called goto-chg.el that defines a goto-last-change function. I have this function bound to M-_, which nicely parallels C-_ for undo. It's especially handy on my laptop, where the touchpad sometimes sends me off to la-la-land when I accidentally brush against it with my palm.

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~wh5a/personal/Emacs/goto-chg.el

Another implementation of this function by a different person is here
(I have not tried this one myself, but it looks pretty similar):

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/goto-last-change.el

Dave