Re: Multiple .emacs files

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Multiple .emacs files
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:29:49 +0200

floyd@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) writes:

>>I have played a bit with the -u option, but have yet to get it to work
>>with a config file named .emacsT
>
>    emacs -q -l ~/.emacsT

A bit of a warning: I think I saw someone mentioning that doing the
above was not exactly like switching your init file. What you do with
the above is turn init file loading off and at the same time telling
emacs to load another file. I am not sure but maybe things like
Customize might not work as you expect (not saving to the .emacsT
file).

Someone who knows more can probably fill in here, or you can search
the archives.

/Mathias