Re: reproducing the crash

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: reproducing the crash
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:56:52 +0200

Am 13.09.2006 um 20:41 schrieb Robert McDonald:

The advantage of using the menu command

Does yap return control back to GNU Emacs? I am not using any Losedows, I just know that in UNIX an application can be launched from GNU Emacs, that never returns control back to it until it is killed, the process removed from memory. All this time GNU Emacs would be blocked. How is this going on with yap? Is yap sending signals to its parent process?

As far as I understand you are using AUCTeX for some things, and you have your own "interface" to part of TeX. Can't you integrate your "interface" into AUCTeX (via the *Customize* buffer)? Just to see whether AUCTeX can handle yap. If this works without crashes, then this is an indication that your "interface" has some bug or unwanted side-effect.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Bake Pizza not war!