Re: fontifying of user defined variables

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: fontifying of user defined variables
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:54:50 +0200

dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de writes:

> I'd like to highlight user specified variables in a major mode for a
> simple macro language (Ansys parametric design language or APDL).
> All number variables are specified with the following assignment:
>
> VARIABEL=VALUE
>
> I'd like to fontify in a certain face any variable VARIABLE which
> was defined in such a way and appears after the definition anywhere
> in the code.  Could you please outline the method or point to a lisp
> file where such a "dynamic" highlighting is accomplished.

Well, had a look at C/C++ mode and not even there I could find above
functionality.  So I guess it's too awkward to program this otherwise,
I think, very helpful stuff.

The only idea I've so far is for a function which parses now and then
the buffer and adds or removes font lock keywords to the
font-lock-keywords variable according to the current variable
definitions in the buffer.

                Dieter

--
    Best wishes