AucTeX 11.83 and MikTeX 2.5

From: Robert McDonald
Subject: AucTeX 11.83 and MikTeX 2.5
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:36:11 GMT

I've searched around and haven't been able to find information on this and unfortunately my lisp skills are pretty poor.

When you enable AucTeX/MikTeX integration in Emacs 22, AucTeX assumes that you need to view files with postscript specials using gsview. However, in MikTeX 2.5, yap can handle all previews. (One advantage of this is that you can then use inverse search.) I have examined tex.el and tex-mik.el to try to figure out how to get yap to handle all previews, but my experiments haven't succeeded.

So can anyone provide pointers to information about this or suggestions for updating AucTeX for the new yap?

Thanks very much.

Bob